Just so I NEVER forget….. April 3, 2020
- Diesel price a mile from home was £1.18, Petrol £1.14
- School cancelled – yes cancelled
- Self-distancing measures on the rise.
- Tape on the floors at grocery stores and others to help distance shoppers (6ft) from each other.
- A limited number of people inside stores, therefore, lineups outside the store doors.
- Non-essential stores and businesses mandated closed.
- Parks, trails, entire cities locked up.
- Entire sports seasons cancelled.
- Concerts, tours, festivals, entertainment events – cancelled.
- Weddings, family celebrations, holiday gatherings – cancelled.
- No masses, churches are closed. Graveyards are shut.
- No gatherings of 2 or more (except with people from within your household).
- Don’t socialise with anyone outside of your home.
- Children’s outdoor play parks are closed.
- We are to distance from each other.
- Shortage of masks, gowns, gloves for our front-line workers.
- Shortage of ventilators for the critically ill.
- Panic buying sets in and we have no toilet paper, no disinfecting supplies, no paper towel no laundry soap, no hand sanitiser.
- Shelves are bare.
- Manufacturers, distilleries and other businesses switch their lines to help make visors, masks, hand sanitiser and PPE.
- All non-essential travel banned.
- Fines are established for breaking the rules. Police patrolling the streets.
- Arenas open up for the overflow of COVID-19 patients.
- Press conferences daily from the government.
- The (Conservative) government throws money at businesses to try to keep the economy from imploding. Grants and loans. The government to pay 80% of employees wages where businesses cannot continue to do so.
- Daily updates on new cases and deaths.
- The dead are denied wakes or funerals and barely anyone is allowed at the graveside.
- Barely anyone on the roads.
- People wearing masks and gloves outside.
- Essential service workers are terrified to go to work.
- Medical field workers are afraid to go home to their families.
This is the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, declared March 11th, 2020.
I hope that I’m here along with my loved ones to re-post this time next year.
Why, you ask, do I write this status?
One day it will show up in my Facebook memory feed, and it will be a yearly reminder that life is precious and not to take the things we dearly love for granted.
We have so much!
Be thankful. Be grateful.
Be kind to each other – love one another – support everyone.
We are all one!