Hayes Village Hall
In 1927, Hayes Village Hall was built next to the church.
The Hayes Village Hall Trust was set up in 1928 to look after the Hall for the people of Hayes.
In 1882 the railway had come, with its station at the foot of the hill in the valley of the Bourne stream. “New” Hayes, mostly built in the 1930s, was built around the old village and the station.
In 1936, a smaller room was built next to the Hall; we know it now as the Annexe. In 1960 the original hall was enlarged and added to, the extension being dedicated as a 1939-45 war memorial.
The Hayes Village Hall Trust, which was set up by local groups acting together as Hayes Community Council, is an independent Charity, reporting to the Charity Commission.
Day-to-day running of the Hall is in the hands of a Management Committee, appointed at an annual meeting of Hayes Community Council.