In 1927, Hayes Village Hall was built next to the church.
The Hayes Village Hall Trust was set up in 1928 to look after the Hall for the people of Hayes.
In 1882 the railway had come, with its station at the foot of the hill in the valley of the Bourne stream. New Hayes, mostly built in the 1930s, was built around the old village and the station.
In 1936, a smaller room was built next to the Hall; we know it now as the Annexe. In 1960 the original hall was enlarged and added to, the extension being dedicated as a 1939-45 war memorial.
The Hayes Village Hall Trust, which was set up by local groups acting together as Hayes Community Council, is an independent Charity, reporting to the Charity Commission.
Day-to-day running of the Hall is in the hands of a Management Committee, appointed at an annual meeting of Hayes Community Council.
VSC was formed in 1945 by local residents to celebrate the end of the 2nd World War to provide a social setting for themselves and their families to meet.
The Clubhouse is run by a volunteer committee and provides events for its members and non members to attend. In addition it is hired by regular users such as Slimming World, Radio Club, Thai Chi, Hayes Tea Club and regularly used to hold childrens parties and private functions.
The Club itself aims to hold an event each month like Family Bingo, Quiz Night, Dance Socials, Big Bingo, Dog Show, Flower Arranging Demo evenings to name but a few.
The Clubhouse is well equipped with extensive grassed grounds and ample free parking.
For membership details please contact Secretary Dawn Hughes on 07957 401838.
For Clubhouse bookings contact Juli on victory firstname.lastname@example.org
The Warren is one of the most unique and versatile venues in the South East. A private members club for retired Metropolitan Police officers, The Warren also offers a fantastic wedding venue, offers corporate clients a superb selection of event spaces, and provides a great choice of facilities and an unbeatable location.