Local & Central Government Services
[None of these lists is exhaustive and before contacting elected representatives, residents should attempt to resolve any problems using the advertised channels on the website of the public body concerned.
- Switchboard: 020 8464 3333
- General enquiries: 0300 303 8672
- Emergencies: 0300 303 8671 – outside of normal hours (between 5.00 pm and 8.30 am Monday to Friday and 5.00 pm Friday to 8.30 am Monday).
- Website www.bromley.gov.uk
- All roads (except for the A232)
- Street lighting – [routine problems should be logged on ‘Fix My Street’].
- Refuse collection, waste and recycling sites
- Public protection, licensing, Weights and Measures, environmental health, noise
- Public Health
- Education – Bromley schools are academies and any problems should be raised in the first instance with the headteacher. Subsequently, if a matter remains unresolved, the governing body. The Council remains responsible for school places, special education, children with medical needs who are unable to attend school.
- Libraries – in the first instance problems should be raised with operator Greenwich Leisure
- Leisure Centres – in the first instance problems should be raised with the operator – Bromley Mytime
- Parks – in the first instance problems should be raised with the operator idverde
- Children and adult Social services
- Homelessness and housing waiting list
Contact your councillors for any matter relating to the services of Bromley Council including; Highways (excluding A232), road matters generally, planning, housing benefit, leisure services, waste, waste collection, education and social services.