Local & Central Government Services

[None of these lists is exhaustive and before contacting elected representatives, residents should attempt to resolve any problems using the advertised channels on the website of the public body concerned.

Bromley Council

  • Switchboard: 020 8464 3333
  • General enquiries: 0300 303 8672
  • Emergencies: 0300 303 8671 – outside of normal hours (between 5.00 pm and 8.30 am Monday to Friday and 5.00 pm Friday to 8.30 am Monday).
  • Website www.bromley.gov.uk
  • All roads (except for the A232)
  • Street lighting – [routine problems should be logged on ‘Fix My Street’].
  • Refuse collection, waste and recycling sites
  • Planning 
  • Cemeteries 
  • Public protection, licensing, Weights and Measures, environmental health,  noise
  • Public Health
  • Education – Bromley schools are academies and any problems should be raised in the first instance with the headteacher. Subsequently, if a matter remains unresolved, the governing body. The Council remains responsible for school places, special education, children with medical needs who are unable to attend school.
  • Libraries – in the first instance problems should be raised with operator Greenwich Leisure
  • Leisure Centres – in the first instance problems should be raised with the operator – Bromley Mytime
  • Parks – in the first instance problems should be raised with the operator idverde
  • Children and adult Social services
  • Homelessness and housing waiting list

Your Councillors

Contact your councillors for any matter relating to the services of Bromley Council including; Highways (excluding A232), road matters generally, planning, housing benefit, leisure services, waste, waste collection, education and social services.

Councillor Peter Fortune

c/o Members Room
Bromley Civic Centre
Stockwell Close
Bromley BR1 3UH

E: Peter.Fortune@bromley.gov.uk
M: 07834 418 221

Councillor Graham Arthur

33 Stanley Avenue,
Kent BR3 6PU

E: Graham.Arthur@bromley.gov.uk
M: 07738 861 064

Councillor Neil Reddin FCCA

c/o Members Room
Bromley Civic Centre
Stockwell Close
Bromley BR1 3UH

E: Neil.Reddin@bromley.gov.uk
M: 07850 921 767

Central Government

Bob Stewart DSO MP

M.P. Beckenham Constituency

Contact your MP for matters regarding central government services including DWP and other government departments)
Bob Stewart DSO MP – bob.stewart.mp@parliament.uk
House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
Phone: 020 7219 7011 (Mon-Thurs)

Bob Stewart DSO MP

All national government matters, Immigration, Foreign Office, HMRC, Government agencies, eg DVLA etc, Parliament & Health Ombudsman references and NHS

[Note: note the MP has no jurisdiction or influence over planning matters, local council or the powers and responsibilities of the Mayor of London. Nor has the MP any responsibilities for consumer matters regarding commercial companies.]

Greater London Authority, the London Assembly and the Mayor of London

Peter Fortune is the London Assembly representative for Bromley & Bexley

  • Any major ‘A’ roads which are on the Transport for London Road Network
  • Strategic planning for London
  • Transport for London – problems regarding bus services should initially be raised with the operator.
  • Metropolitan Police  – problems should initially be raised with Bromley Borough Chief Superintendent
  • Fire Service – problems should initially be raised with the Borough commander

The Hayes (Kent) Village Association was founded in 1933 to protect the interests of residents and preserve the local amenities.


Any articles or advertising of businesses or organisations does not imply any endorsement or recommendation by the HKVA.

Copyright 2021 HKVA